Red Velvet cake is perfect dessert to have today,red velvet is moist full of flavor and moist making it very delicious.try it on your birthday it leave you wanting more and more.below is the recipe on how to make red velvet cake.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Refined oil
- 1/2 teaspoon edible food color
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cashews
- Red Velvet Cake is delicious and easy recipe, which can be prepared at home very easily by following some simple steps. Here’s how you can make this easy cake recipe. Take a bowl add flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt together. Keep the mixture aside.
- Mix the sugar and eggs in a different bowl and gently pour some oil and beat well. Whisk the batter properly and ensure that are no lumps in the mixture. Stir till it attains a balanced consistency.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk. Mix well and add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and food colour (red).
- Divide the mixture among 3 round greased cake pans. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree F for 30 to 40 minutes.Insert a toothpick or skewer in the center and if it comes out clean, the cake is done. Remove and cool. To make the icing, combine the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the icing sugar and beat well till smooth. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and almonds. Spread the frosting between the layers, on the sides and on top of the cake. Serve.